Wednesday 6 June 2012

MY FIRST EXPERIENCE IN COMPUTER WORLD


My first experience in ICT, 1992
When I was in Form 1 in the year of 1992 at my secondary school at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Datuk Abdullah (SEMENDA), Astana Raja, Negri Sembilan, I was introduced to the computer world. During that time, my computer class will be held at night by one of the teacher's namely as Cikgu Fairus. He also acted as a hostel warden.

As a kampung boy, the computer is totally new things to me. At that time also, computer still new to the Malaysia education system. I still remember that when I back home normally at the end of every month, several computer literacy program was introduced maybe by the Felda Palong 6 administration to the peoples.

I was excited because during that class, I normally will enjoy to play computer game. The first lesson in that class is about BASIC language and we in the class learned how to instruct the computer using BASIC language to print something as a end product.

Actually BASIC language is an acronym from Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code.

My computer lesson certificate dated in 1993
The original BASIC language was designed in 1964 by John Kemeny and Thomas Kurtz and implemented by a team of Dartmouth students under their direction. BASIC was designed to allow students to write programs for the Darthmouth Time-Sharing System. It was intended specifically for the new class of users that time-sharing systems allowed. It was also design for a less technical user who did not have the mathematical background of the more traditional users and was not interested in acquiring it.
BASIC remains popular in numerous dialects and new languages influenced by BASIC such as Microsoft Visual Basic. In 2006, 59% of developers for the .NET Framework used Visual Basic .NET as their only programming language. (Source from Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment